The Project Manager is empowered as a key agency resource to lead and keep projects aligned to Curious Plot processes and standards. They are accountable for gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of project scope, budget and timing, and continually assessing project health and mitigating risk. The Project Manager succeeds in this role by operating two steps ahead to ensure the project and team are on track, maintaining and delivering succinct documentation and communication, and confirming clarity of expectations on an ongoing basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Champion for “The Curious Plot Way” in all project planning and execution.
- Collaborates on scoping and leads pricing activities to ensure agency standards, process and profitability.
- Partners with Account Management to ensure project-related client engagement is positive and matches expectations.
- Creates and maintains project timelines.
- Creates and maintains project tools and documentation.
- Keeps all team members informed of project status.
- Plans for, monitors and mitigates project risk to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Actively manages project budget and flags the need for change orders when applicable.
- Partners with Business Manager to ensure all project hours/efforts and expenses are correct and accounted for.
- Creates and manages POs and OOP project expenses.
- Collaborates with the Resources and Partner Manager to engage appropriate vendor partners. Acts as main POC and manages vendors through project execution unless otherwise noted.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with ~4-8 years of marketing experience in an agency setting.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, displaying good communication, problem solving, self-starting and analytical skills.
- Emerging to solid experience architecting project approach and pricing.
- Emerging to solid understanding of all agency service offerings and our integrated ways of working.
- Emerging to solid ability to work through unfamiliar assignments and deliverables and figure out a path to completion.
- Ability to motivate and influence without authority and resolve conflict.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and proven abilities to multitask.
- Digital project management experience preferred.
- Action Oriented
- Process Management
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Time Management
- Managing Through Systems
- Process Management
- Timely Decision-Making
SUCCESS AT CURIOUS PLOT
Curious Plot is a marketing, communications and consulting agency driven to find what’s next for food and agriculture. We help set strategy, align teams, frame opinions, and create demand for our clients. You will perform well with our company if your skills align with the following agency competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Dealing with Ambiguity